Thursday, January 05, 2006

Men and Boats

One of my favourite opening lines is in Three Men in a Boat: "There were four of us". This book has been described as the funniest in the English language, which is enough to put you off and think it's not very funny at all. But it is, so... not the book to read in a public place if you don't like making a spectacle of yourself. I was reminded of this because I have just been watching the second part of Three Men in a Boat on BBC2 with Griff Rhys Jones, Rory McGrath, and Dara O'Briain - not as funny as the original book, but pretty funny all the same, so if you haven't seen it, one to watch out for.

And I think this was the only book written by Jerome K Jerome.

2 Comments:

At 11:56 pm, Blogger Suze said...

Hi, unfortunately I have never watched this but will try and catch it.

I'm just touching base with a fellow Yorkshire man (even though I am a woman. LOL).

Just discovered your blog but will be back again.

 
At 1:14 am, Blogger piedmichael said...

Thank you! Just had a look at your blog - loved the review of wanking techniques; I'll let you know how they go...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home